About Omnis Education
Education For Everyone
In Latin, the word “omnis” translates to mean “all, every, the whole, of every kind.” At Omnis Education, we educate the world!
The public/state school models are NOT serving our children adequately; they weren’t before COVID and it’s become patently clear that they most certainly aren’t now, especially in the face of the ongoing pandemic disruption and the pressure schools and teachers are experiencing.
The incumbent systems are based on an out-of-date model to mass educate children, but it is one that no longer prepares them for the world (of work) that exists now and that they’ll be living and working in.
Education is failing at many levels…
- Access to academic excellence is not inclusive, equal nor fair.
- Schools are not comprehensive, flexible and not all world class.
- Siloed knowledge is prioritised over skills and restricted career paths are held as the goal, over creative problem solving of the issues that really matter.
- Students – children and adults alike – leave the conventonal system woefully underprepared to function successfully and happily in society.
What is Omnis Education?
Our mission at Omnis Education is to provide a world class education to everyone: one that equips children and adults with the skills, toolset and knowledge to THRIVE in the world…
- An online learning platform for every member of the family.
- Choose what to learn…anywhere, at any time, from world class educators.
- Connect online and in the real world through global adventures, online communities and clubs.
Who Is Omnis Education for?
Omnis Education is for EVERYONE. Specifically we are focused on providing world class learning experiences for…
- Families looking for enrichment: Omnis Education is a source of enriching and holistic educational resources and experiences for parents who know that learning doesn’t just happen in a classroom.
- Homeschoolers: Built for self-directed learners, Omnis Education is ideal for homeschooling families of all kinds who want world class learning materials, a community of like-minded families and hands-on support from experienced homeschoolers.
- Alternative Educators: Omnis Education can provide a long term, holistic solution for families looking to do something different but who aren’t necessarily interested in ‘traditional’ homeschooling.
- Pod & Microschoolers: Omnis Education supports pod schools and micro schools with everything needed to set up and provide a world class education for your children.
If the current educational systems aren’t serving you or your family, we can help. Omnis Education is a truly accessible academic alternative that is self directed and “whole person” focused, for your whole family.
The History of Omnis Education
We began to address the problems facing families in early 2020 as more people were forced into learning at home – leveraging our decades of experience of home educating/homeschooling/world schooling AND working remotely – to begin to develop our own approach to learning remotely in a way that truly worked.
It became clear however that we were only serving the top 1-2% of families who could afford our support and, despite a robust Diversity, Equity & Inclusion policy and a dedicated equity fund, it wasn’t enough to reach families and children who needed it most.
After 9 months of supporting well over 200 families and hundreds of children through the ongoing pandemic, and a semester/term of offering world class teaching online with carefully and consciously recruited teachers, we have developed a progressive, integrated and holistic approach to remote learning and learning online with a FULL curriculum of subjects (both conventional and more holistic) which raise the bar and deliver WHOLE person learning with a WHOLE FAMILY approach to education. AND we have identified a way of offering this to children, for free where necessary, to everyone who needs it.
Education is not one size fits all and learning is happening everywhere. We seek to honor and account for this because while full on homeschooling may NOT be for all (or even most) families, interest-driven and self-directed learning IS.
All parents can benefit from support in learning how to better facilitate their kids’ learning journeys. All kids can benefit from an encouragement towards self directed learning.