Diversity, Equity & Belonging*
As an all-female leadership team with a person of colour, a person with an indigenous heritage and three members of the LGBTQi+ community, we are building Omnis Education as an organisation fully and wholly committed to diversity, equity and belonging.
This is what we’re doing on that front, so far…
- Alongside our paid school at OmnisSchool.com, we are building OmnisSchool.org; this is an open school designed as an alternative to public/state school which is free for those who need it or on a ‘Pay What You Can’ basis for those who can contribute something.
- We offer opportunities for financially-privileged families to fund the provision of our open school and encourage a ‘pay it forward’ attitude in all our students.
- We maintain a dedicated Equity Fund to provide additional support services to less-privileged families.
- We consciously and actively seek to build a diverse and equitable team.
SUPPORT OUR EFFORTS
If you’d like to support our diversity, belonging and equity efforts, you can do so in the following ways:
- Forward our open school to a family who may need support and a different approach to education but isn’t aware of any alternatives.
- Opt to add a small ( or large!) amount extra to your monthly school membership fees which will go straight into funding our teachers’ time offered over at the free school.
- Make a donation to our Equity Fund to help support our work with families who need it.
DONATE TO OUR EQUITY FUND
To make a donation to Omnis Education’s Equity Fund – which we will use to fund more of one-to-one support services for under-privileged families – click here to make a donation via PayPal (card payments also accepted).
* Why do we say belonging and NOT inclusion? Because inclusion has become recognised as a problematic term, implying that there are still gatekeepers who decide who is included and who isn’t. Belonging is a given right to all of us, equally.